Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant fiance in prison has outstanding warrants needs to get taken care of

Status
Not open for further replies.

nana531

My fiance is in prison he has outstanding warrants from 2005-2006 for possession and driving under the influence he would like to get them cleared up before he is released at the begining of next year how should he go about getting the warrants cleared up the warrants are from NY he has already written to the courts but didnt recieve a response

My fiance is in prison he has outstanding warrants from 2005-2006 for possession and driving under the influence he would like to get them cleared up before he is released at the begining of next year how should he go about getting the warrants cleared up the warrants are from NY he has already written to the courts but didnt recieve a response

Perhaps you should secure him an attorney?
He might get released, but I suspect he'll be released from prison into the custody of the authority that possesses the warrants.
The warrants must be dealt with by him, eventually.
Unless the warrants are recalled, they'll interfere with his release.
If he does escape detection, as soon as they learn he's out if the big house, the little house operators will look for him.

Yep... when his release date comes they will do a records check and likely locate the outstanding warrants.
He MIGHT be transferred to the custody of the jurisdiction that issued the warrants, but since they are low level offenses he may also just get a citation with a court date for him to appear. It is a jurisdictional thing... some would take him into custody and others wouldn't bother and prefer to just give him papers to appear.
Of course, if he fails to appear then he gets a new warrant with a new charge for failure to appear.

I would see about getting him a lawyer as suggested. Warrants don't expire - he needs to get them taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back