Felony Stay of Imposition reduced to misdemeanor ab initio

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchm3at

I was granted a Felony Stay of Imposition, and successfully completed the probation, thus upon discharge from probation supervision, my conviction for the felony was deemed a conviction for a misdemeanor ab initio, so when asked on job applications whether I've ever been convicted of a felony, can I honestly answer, 'NO'?

Is the fact that it was a initially a felony conviction publicly accessible information?

Thanks

Give the explanation similar to what you did here.

Then you will not have to worry about it.

I guess the problem is I suspect many places don't look past the word "Yes" in that form.

Also, sort of on the same note... Although this charge was changed to a Misdemeanor years ago I was denied when i tried to purchase a hunting rifle a few years back siting my "criminal record" This is the only thing on my record.
Here is a sanitized copy of what I can get online from the state authorites...
http://mywebspace.org/pbook/sanitizedrecord.jpg

I don't believe it was felony conviction was it? It was a felony arrest charge reduced to a misdemeanor conviction? Read the court documents to verify. You may be able to access the public record by internet. Google your County/City Webpage and see if they have a court link or something like that, and look yourself up to see what the public record says.

I tried to post a "sanitized"copy of what the State has available online concerning it.. but the post said it had to be reviewed prior to posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back