Criminal Records, Expungement Felony and concealed weapons permit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieraseu

I was convicted of a felony in the past, however very recently the the felony has been reduced to a misdemeanor and expunged. The original felony and expungement occurred in the state of CA; I currently reside in FL. Since the expungement happened very recently, am I now clear as far as the FBI felony database (and therefore eligible to apply for a concealed weapons permit), or does it take a certain amount of time for the database to be updated. I would not like to be rejected because of a felony which has now been expunged. Thank you in advance for your help.

What did the FBI say when you asked them your question?

(Do you really think anyone here knows about how often the FBI databases are updated?)

Thank you for your response. Actually I was kind of hoping someone did know, but in fact I was able to find out by making a few phone calls. In case anyone else was wondering this as well, the answer they gave me was 'about 2 weeks', so it's a fairly quick procedure. Thank you again.

It is not the FBI database you should be concerned with, it is the CA database. Criminal offender records are maintaiend by the state of conviction - not all these records are sent to the FBI, so that is not the best clearinghouse for information.

Call the FDLE and ask them your questions.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back