Feeling railroaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

gflo

I was asked to assist in a project which meant I was to change departments and give up my present position. I agreed to do so with a verbal commitment from two VPs that once the project was completed I was to head up a soon to be reorganized department. I agreed and proceeded to take on the project. I was then requested to take on another project that was already underway with a second project manager that was not too effective which was a case to manage the terms of an arbitration settlement.

To make a long story short the first project was not to successful due to the fact that my company did not have the internal support structure to support an unrealistic commitment. The second project is winding down to a very successful conclusion other than the fact there were overruns in the budget that I had not known about until just recently.

I now find myself having to apply for the position that was verbally committed to me and with an open position from my previous position I am told I do not qualify since the position is to be filled by a candidate that is to hired to possible replace the VP I report to for succession planning. The position that was verbally committed to me I am being lead to believe is now a more senior position that I would not qualify.

I feel that I am being lead to fill a position that is less prominent than what I previously held which I have no interest in applying.

Would this be an issue I should seek legal council on or am I just out of luck for being too naive to get a written agreement prior to making the decision I made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back