Fed ex fraud?

We both inquired about it at the time with mirrored results. I was home and spoke with the delivery by in my backyard. He said it should have been there on the truck. It's when I called with the tracking number is when I was asked for exact contents by the manager?

My point being is I want to know if it's a horrible idea to pursue it? Or just call myself lucky and let it go?
It was over 50k in the package

It would be a game changer in my current financial situation, as I just purchased a home and will be waiting a couple more months possibly to start my new job.

You don't know whether you should pursue $50,000 of cash that you claim is rightfully yours? Please, don't treat us as if we were so naive.

Right now your question is probably moot. First you should be using your tracking number to see if Fedex still even has it in their system and what the status of the shipment is at present time.

Second, if you look at the Fedex Guidelines, your money may be long gone. It has been over four years and both you and the shipper seem to want to distance yourselves from this clean cash.

Undeliverable Shipments: If a shipment cannot be delivered or returned or if the shipper or recipient cannot be contacted, the shipment may be transferred or disposed of by FedEx at its sole discretion, with or without notice, and the shipper, if known, agrees to pay any costs incurred in the disposal.

I really don't understand me thinking your naive? If police have it then? Are they not required to let somebody know they have done so? Same with the shipping company?
The address was valid for almost another year after the fact and zero attempts were made to deliver it? When you call them w the tracking number they have all the info rt in front of them?
So I'm asking these questions.

Go get em highway man!? Like anyone would forget, I can only imagine you may be or once were somebody who would of thought you were doing the world some justice by pocketing or hiding a package like mine!!
Thanks for all your dilligent event effort in keeping our streets and neighborhoods clean of hard working citizens!!
Hats off!
My situation is obvious, mearly asking some hard questions that seem to come with dodgey answers.
It's pretty black and white

That is entirely up to you.

But you are completely overlooking the possibility that the package was delivered in error to the wrong address (I receive packages that do not belong to me several times a year) and that the person who received it never reported it. It does not HAVE to have been malfeasance by the delivery company or law enforcement.

I really don't understand me thinking your naive? If police have it then? Are they not required to let somebody know they have done so? Same with the shipping company?
The address was valid for almost another year after the fact and zero attempts were made to deliver it? When you call them w the tracking number they have all the info rt in front of them?
So I'm asking these questions.
1. Nobody is preventing you from inquiring. No one can tell you what the consequences may be from picking up a package whose history and circumstances are unknown to us. You haven't disclosed what activities you performed so as to be remunerated. You want the package - go get it.

2. Did you not read what I cited? If you nor the shipper claim the package, they can deem the package abandoned and dispose of the package as they wish. So one has to wonder whether, after four years, the company decided not to play the part of the free storage house and disposed of the package as they saw fit - which may include opening it up and deciding to do whatever they wished with the contents.

"...or if the shipper or recipient cannot be contacted, the shipment may be transferred or disposed of by FedEx at its sole discretion,with or without notice..."

Not one time was anyone contacted by anyone/agency regarding the package.
I believe that would be the 3rd time that point was brought up! Zero attempts to contact any party involved in the shipping or receiving
And both parties inquired about it!
Did you not read??

I don't know what agency you think should have contacted you, but no, there is no requirement you be contacted by anyone. If you have been too "busy" the past 5 years to bother following up on it, why would you think FedEx or anyone else should place this at a higher priority? You can try to pursue it now but don't be surprised if there is nothing that can be done, and if you inquiry doesn't result in a visit from law enforcement.

Not one time was anyone contacted by anyone/agency regarding the package.
I believe that would be the 3rd time that point was brought up! Zero attempts to contact any party involved in the shipping or receiving
And both parties inquired about it!
Did you not read??

I'm a little slow, mate.
I think you were indisposed over the course of the last five odd years, right?

Maybe you were being held incommunicado?

Perhaps you were exiled in a state run gulag, in some God awful, horrid place?

Or, you were busy doing more important things, doesn't really matter, your gold is gone, and no one fessed up to who done took it, right?

Now you're free, free as any US citizen.

You're thinking like a leprechaun, right?

"I wants me gold. Who done took me gold, FedEx, the police, the sheriff, or the Feds? Better gives me backs me gold, all me gold!!!"

Is that what my slow learner, little bus carcass has been missing, mate?

So!? Let me get this straight!? Your telling me that law enforcement and/ or shipping companies have every right to just take whatever they decide they want to without informing anyone they have done so? Even when the missing item was reported to the shipping company...?
B/c that's exactly how I interpret what I'm hearing.
Far fetched! I know? But the input I'm getting assumes an awful lot of power by Johny law..
Now that I've heard everyone's sarcastic comments.
May my hunt to unveil dirty lawmen begin.

Google "civil forfeiture". And yes, shipping companies may destroy packages after they have not been claimed or delivered after a designated by them period of time. They do not have to hold onto a package for half a decade in case the intended recipient magically appears and files a claim. Who knows what happened to it 5 years ago? Were it within the allotted timeframe to file an insurance claim for the value of the missing item, you could have done that, but I guarantee to you, it would not cover $50K. The mail slip asks for a declared value and anything over $100 requires the sender to pay to insure the item. Their website is very clear as to the time limits for filing a claim.

Everybody here seems to be repeating themselves. Ya!! I get it already!! That would be just fine that the shipping company gets rid of it after a certain time frame. However! Both the shipper and receiver contacted the shipping company and were told zero! Also zero efforts ever made to deliver or contact anyone.! Dirty cops being my guess here.
Your also correct! Filing an insurance claim would have been a waste of time!
Why even waste your energy typing some of this??
There's a high probability of some overstepping of boundaries here.

Everybody here seems to be repeating themselves. Ya!! I get it already!! That would be just fine that the shipping company gets rid of it after a certain time frame. However! Both the shipper and receiver contacted the shipping company and were told zero! Also zero efforts ever made to deliver or contact anyone.! Dirty cops being my guess here.

Packages do get stolen from FedEx deposit boxes/receptacles.
FedEx shipments are stolen by rogue employees.

I suggest you contact this person (the CEO, Fred W. Smith) by sending him a certified, return receipt letter outlining your problem, along with your expected remedy.

I have also given his other contact details.

Tel him his friend, "The BG" directed you to his attention.

He is Fred W. Smith, founder and CEO of FedEx

Email Contact Information for CEO Fred Smith:
FWSmith@fedex.com

Fax number for Fred Smith:
901-818-7570

Physical Address to Send Mail Directly:
FedEx Corporation 

ATTN: CEO, Mr. Fred W. Smith
942 South Shady Grove Rd. 

Memphis, TN 38120

The Executive Assistant to Fred Smith is one:
Carmine Echols

901-369-3600

Email address: executiveservices@fedex.com

This issue will be PROVING that someone placed $50,000 of US Currency in the package to begin with, mate.

Perhaps the shipper "ripped" you off, long before FedEx, the sheriff, the police, or the Feds ever touched the package?

Do you know what is the statute of limitations? The law realizes that if people don't think an issue is worth filing a lawsuit within a reasonable period of time then the court's time would probably be wasted hearing it. The memory of witnesses fade. Hence if you don't take action - even if you're absolutely right - the court will not hear your case.

Everyone here is telling you that if the issue is important to you, go ahead and call the shipping company and demand them to turn over your package. If they say they can't locate the package because it has been years since you last called, feel free to complain at the address provided below or file a lawsuit. Given the amount of money in the package, it certainly seems well worth the filing fee. But chances are after all this time you'll probably have one or probably more obstacles, including the terms of agreement that the sender agreed to when sending this package full of cash. And it seems that the person who actually has the case is the sender - not even the receiver. And if the cash wasn't received because of the sender's failure to follow up, then demand the sender send the cash again. It all makes perfect sense to me. Good luck. You may want to call a lawyer in advance.

One more point, OP.

See rule number four (B), as it EXPRESSLY prohibits shipping cash.
Prohibited or Restricted Articles | FXF Rules Tariff - FedEx
4. PROHIBITED ITEMS
You are prohibited from tendering the following items for shipment except for antique furniture described in NMFC Items 100240 or 100260, or pictures or paintings described in Items 100240, 100260 or 149420, the following property will not be accepted for shipment nor as premiums accompanying other articles:
A. Tobacco and all tobacco products, including but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, loose tobacco, smokeless tobacco, hookah, or shisha. (Except on intra-Canada and intra-Mexico shipments only)
B. Money, cash, bank bills, coins, currency, paper money and negotiable instruments equivalent to cash, such as endorsed stocks, bonds, drafts and cash letters.

Back