Favoritism in the workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackG

I am trying to find out if the law allows to sue the company you work for favoritism? I always give 110% although I am being punished for coming in late from time to time, responsibilities are being taken away from me that would allow me to earn commission. I know of others in my office who not only come in late, but sometimes never show up and they are receiving a pat on the back for their job performance.

JackG said:
I am trying to find out if the law allows to sue the company you work for favoritism? I always give 110% although I am being punished for coming in late from time to time, responsibilities are being taken away from me that would allow me to earn commission. I know of others in my office who not only come in late, but sometimes never show up and they are receiving a pat on the back for their job performance.
Unless the "favoritism" arises to the violation of a protected right such as the right against discrimination based upon race, the law may not protect you. Are the employees who are favored similar in some way, e.g. they are all of a certain race? You always have the option to leave and let the company keep its substandard employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back