FAR 52.236-26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
Is there a requirement that the government maintain minutes of meeting documentation for a reconstruction meeting of a federal contract?

Is there a requirement that the government maintain minutes of meeting documentation for a reconstruction meeting of a federal contract?

Maybe, you'll have to search through pages and pages of regs to know for sure.

Why do you ask?

Put your question in context with what is happening to you that gives rise to the question and you might get some helpful comments.

I was present at a reconstruction meeting at the request of the awarded contractor. The contractor represented that I would be involved in the field management of the project.

I was later terminated under fraudulent circumstances. I made a FOIA request for the minutes of the reconstruction meeting. I was provided with a copy of the sign in sheet, all names but mine blacked out and told that the government did not have a copy of minutes of the referenced meeting.

Maybe they said they would use you, but so what? How is that a guarantee? Without a signed contract they certainly have no obligation to follow through with that.

The original question was: Does the government have a responsibility to record and maintain minutes of a reconstruction meeting between the government and the awarded contractor.

Nothing more we can do, OP.
I suggest you hire a lawyer if you continue to have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back