Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Falsely reporting a SNAP card lost/stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milissa43

I falsely reported someone else's SNAP card lost/stolen to the SNAP fraud dept. I told SNAP I was the card holder. I provided their SSN, DL and DOB. The person reported it and charges have been pressed. A warrant has been issued for my arrest. What is likely to happen?

Do you have a lawyer? If not, you need to get one.

You need a lawyer. Confession is not good for the soul. Unless you identified yourself, they need to establish, possibly via voice print, it was you. I suggest you edit your post to redact incriminating testimony.

What you describe does not seem to be a crime. There must be more to this. If you used the card for your own purposes then you have some real trouble.
As for your warrant you can handle it one of two ways. Either go about your life and hope you never have any law enforcement contact, or go turn yourself in and take care of business.
You won't likely be in jail long for this... just long enough to take your picture and fingerprints.

Identity theft wouldn't fly as it is described here. Information was used but not for any gain... There is no damage. The Texas statute may be more strict than I am familiar with.
The false statement wouldn't fly either. Had the theft report be made to police then yes, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Some important details are missing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back