Falsely banned from Counter-Strike, a Steam game made by Valve

p1xxz

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hello,
So I got wrongfully banned from a game named "Counter-Strike:Global Offensive" I bought on Steam, a video-games platform for "cheating", this type of ban is called "untrusted". I got banned 3 years ago, 25th November 2015. I lost my access to the game and cosmetics for the weapons in the first-person game Counter-Strike I bought, a bit less than 100€ of cosmetics. I tried contacting support, but they only sent me copy-pastes. I tried emailing some Valve Corporation employees, they didnt answer.

Yesterday, I decided to pay few cents to get their phone numbers through Spokeo and sent to them a text message where I explained what happened. They didnt answer but they manually turned the ban into a "VAC BAN" or "Valve Anti Cheat Ban". I didnt hack so the first ban is wrong, but the second one is like an official ban that shows on my Steam platform profile. What can I do now to get this back ? As they wont do anything if only me tries to get my access to the game back.

Here is their subscriber agreement : Steam Subscriber Agreement

By the way, I am from France but Valve Corporation is located at Seattle, WA. I posted on french law forums but they told me there is nothing I can do with french laws.

Cordialy,

Nothing is going to happen. Valve doesn't pass out the untrusted bans trivially and you'll not get them reversed. Untrusted bans often morph into VAC ban. There's no going back. The terms allow them to do this and you won't get any credit for the money you've wasted.

Nothing is going to happen. Valve doesn't pass out the untrusted bans trivially and you'll not get them reversed. Untrusted bans often morph into VAC ban. There's no going back. The terms allow them to do this and you won't get any credit for the money you've wasted.
I feel there's been a great injustice done there. I heard about Blizzard lifting bans, I personnally got helped by Blizzard and Ubisoft support for other things. They both got real answers and not copy pastes, live chats and phone customer service. Valve is being unfair. And concerning the untrusted, it never morphed in 3 years, it did only when I messaged Valve employees in their phone numbers (I included my Steam link there).

You might not think it is fair, but it is not illegal (under US law) so you have no redress. Valve is not going to review this. It's over. It's essential to them getting people to continue throwing money at their product to take an aggressive approach to hacks/mods/cheats etc...

The tolerance is nil. If you even have installed hacks on your machine and didn't use them and they were detected by their app, they will do what they did (and quite rightfully so).

You might not think it is fair, but it is not illegal (under US law) so you have no redress. Valve is not going to review this. It's over. It's essential to them getting people to continue throwing money at their product to take an aggressive approach to hacks/mods/cheats etc...

The tolerance is nil. If you even have installed hacks on your machine and didn't use them and they were detected by their app, they will do what they did (and quite rightfully so).

The only hacks I had (and still have) are for GTA San Andreas and are .cs/.asi files (coded with Sanny Builder 4). Never saw someone getting banned for that and the other account (my smurf before getting banned) never got banned, so it cant be hacks.

You have no legal solution to force anyone to do anything. The consequences for your actions were likely addressed in the agreement. They have a responsibility to their customers to maintain the integrity of their games and keep cheaters out.

I would expect you could create a new ID and start over from scratch, but the fate of the account you cheated with is completely up to them.

They do not have to do anything, and likely won't.

You have no legal solution to force anyone to do anything. The consequences for your actions were likely addressed in the agreement. They have a responsibility to their customers to maintain the integrity of their games and keep cheaters out.

I would expect you could create a new ID and start over from scratch, but the fate of the account you cheated with is completely up to them.

They do not have to do anything, and likely won't.

Where did you see that I cheated ? I keep saying to everyone that I didnt since 3 years, unless im completely crazy and did without knowing... I dont remember that my family told me about me being completely crazy and forgotting such things.

Wow, I used cheats on a solo game (GTA SA) that has nothing to do with Steam... This is a bannable offense for CS:GO !! This solo game had cheat codes aswell and there is nothing to do with CS:GO or Steam.

Yes, it is bannable offense. You were.
I'd ignore moose's bad advice. Creating a new ID will likely still get detected and you'll find that account banned as well, you'd just be throwing your money away again.

Nope, untrue. The ban is against the person not the account. You're not going to be able to just "make a new account" anyhow. Valve is not stupid. They will detect that unless you go to great lengths to obscure your identity. It would still be a violation of their terms.

Back