falsely accused of theft

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're assuming a lot from people's actions and facial expressions. Can you prove any of it? There's the rub. It was an unfortunate incident, surely the employee was reprimanded and possibly fired. What are your damages other than it was annoying and took up some of your time? I'm not unsympathetic to how you felt about being falsely accused, but if you want to sue, there have to be damages.

Exactly. Even if you are 100% correct about the cashier's motives (and you might be), there's simply nothing here to sue for.

interesting for sure... You state your muslim but yet you were buying easter baskets. Is that correct?

Who cares if she's Muslim and buying Easter baskets? What does that have to do with it? Lots of people celebrate holidays like that and don't practice the religion. I'm not a practicing Catholic nor do I practice any religion but I still celebrate Easter and Christmas. Pretty sure there are Muslims who do things on these holidays.

I never inserted anything about race at the store . I did not have to. I could see on everyone's cringing and apologetic face that they new what was going on. They knew she was not supposed to run out that store after nobody and they know why she did.

You inserted race into your OP. You don't know what people were thinking unless you're psychic. Perhaps she didn't see you move to other registers and she thought that you left without paying for the baskets. Now it's obvious she wasn't supposed to chase you down. The manager told you that she wasn't. Also how did she "force" you back into the store? I would have said "go ahead and call the cops." Then not talked to them without a lawyer.

You assumed that because she's a white woman she's biased against people who appear Muslim. So who really is the prejudiced one here or making the racist comments (because it wouldn't be racist to judge you because you're Muslim - it's a religion not a race).

Now I don't see the big deal of anyone non-Christian buying Easter baskets. That's either here nor there. But your attitude speaks volumes about why she may have ran after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back