falsely accused of "Creating Hostile Work Environment"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margaret_Hanes

A co-worker and I had 'words', which I initiated by going into her office. I did curse at her ("how the F... am I supposed to fix it if I dont know what I have done?". I was trying to get her to talk to me about why she told our manager that I was trying to sabatage her.) She told me to get out of her office. I tried a few different ways to get her to talk to me. She picked up her cell phone and called a male co-worker and asked him to come right away and get me out of her office. I left. She filed a complaint with HR. They did an 'investigation' and then suspended me for 2 days for 'conduct' (that was the curse, which I accept) and "creating a hostile work environment", which I do not accept. Everything I look at says that "hostile work environment" is discriminatory in nature and has to be ongoing and pervasive. This incident took place in less than one minute. There were no discriminitory remarks made at all. HR says "perception is everything, so if she percieved that I was a threat to her, then I was". I say, 'my perception is that she way over reacted on purpose to get me in trouble'. How do I get HR to remove the "hostile work environment" tarnish on my perfect record, and how do I get my lost wages back. I have documentation that I think could win in court, but we are only talking about $800 in lost wages. Is it worth to try to get a lawyer?

A hostile work enviroment does not have to be discimitory. Where did you read that? Its likely a Lawyer will cost you more than the monies your seeking. why not ask Managment to remove the blemish if you behave for a period of time?

Although nothing you have posted is a "hostile working environment" as defined by the LAW, any "words" are certainly inappropriate and don't have to be accepted by management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back