False Imprisonment... Need Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cton59

On Nov. 08, 2005 I was arrested for a so called P. O. violation when the dust settled
it was a admin screw up , they went to wrong address although they had the correct address, this was proven at the revvocation hearing but , I had to spend thanksgiving and christmas in jail as well lose my job to clear my name do I have a case against
the prosecuting county for their mishap. all so called violations were not violations

You don't mention the state, but any opportunity for you to sue may have passed given the time frame.

Without knowing the details none of us can possibly say if you have a case. Consult local counsel.

- Carl

my public defender told me I had two years , and to wait until I was off papers before trying to sue. now far as the details : on nov 08 2005 , I was arrested for violations
the so -called violations are as follows (1) failure to report change of address , ( 2 )
failure to report on 06/24/ 05 and (3) failure to report on 7 /17/ 05

It was proven I DID not move had rent receipts in court it was also proven they went to the wrong address .. although they had my correct address on ALL my records.

it was proven that on 06/ 24/ 05 I did in fact report ,because that was the very day that the state of OHIO required ALL felons to submit D N A samples , also there is a log that we have to register on .

It was proven that I was on the registery on 07/17/05 to report as told to do so , however
my P.O. was in the field and told receptionist to make me another appointment .

at the time of my arrest I was at a friend's house him and his girlfriend got into a fight and the police were called they I D ed everyone and thats what happened . I was not doing anything but playing " madden 07 " the state is OHIO and it was the county of LICKING ... PLEASE RESPOND...
HOW COME I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR SCREW UP, I feel false arrest is false arrest

thank you ,
carleton

Last edited:
You will have to consult a local attorney to tell you whether or not the nature of any mess up is actionable. It will depend on the nature of the action that caused the erroneous warrant or VOP. Whether an attorney will take the case on contingency or not will depend on the potential damages (how long you were in jail, how much you had to pay for attorney fees, etc.) and whether the negligent act (if any) is easy to show or not.

Consult local counsel.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back