False conviction at Ft. Leonard Wood has destroyed my life

"I went to pre-trial at Ft. Sill, OK until my court-martial where my DNA came back while I was there." That, the way it's written, made it sound like your DNA was found.

So if this happened in 2001 why are you waiting so long to try to do something about it?

I'm sorry, I meant it in the context of saying that the results from the rape kit came while I was awaiting pre-trial at Ft. Sill.

I haven't really waited to do something,there's just not really anything that I can do; the mention of presidential pardon is something I had also found in my own research as well, but you and I both know how unrealistic that is, but i just found this site when i made the original post and thought it was worth checking out. I've tried to talk to attorneys about my issue, but due to the fact I'm on a sex offender registry for this, if i can manage to get one, keeping a job long enough to hire one just straight up isn't something I'm able to do. I haven't just given up exactly, but I have to be realistic, and it's easy to get frustrated with. I'm on a sex offender registry for a rape I didn't do and it affects the people who are brave enough to endure it with me, so I have to do my best to keep a low profile so I can avoid any extra reason for the police to show up. Every day is another day with an American flag attached to a knife in my back that I received for making a decision to make my life better at a young age and now I'm worse off than I would have been if I had just not showed up to ship.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I meant it in the context of saying that the results from the rape kit came while I was awaiting pre-trial at Ft. Sill.

I haven't really waited to do something,there's just not really anything that I can do; the mention of presidential pardon is something I had also found in my own research as well, but you and I both know how unrealistic that is, but i just found this site when i made the original post and thought it was worth checking out. I've tried to talk to attorneys about my issue, but due to the fact I'm on a sex offender registry for this, if i can manage to get one, keeping a job long enough to hire one just straight up isn't something I'm able to do. I haven't just given up exactly, but I have to be realistic, and it's easy to get frustrated with. I'm on a sex offender registry for a rape I didn't do and it affects the people who are brave enough to endure it with me, so I have to do my best to keep a low profile so I can avoid any extra reason for the police to show up. Every day is another day with an American flag attached to a knife in my back that I received for making a decision to make my life better at a young age and now I'm worse off than I would have been if I had just not showed up to ship.

Well let's be realistic this: "I paid them each to turn a blind eye for a few minutes so I could get away, catch a bus home and figure out what to do." Set you up for failure. If I knew I didn't rape someone the last thing I would do is run away.

I don't know hope you figure it out.

Well let's be realistic this: "I paid them each to turn a blind eye for a few minutes so I could get away, catch a bus home and figure out what to do." Set you up for failure. If I knew I didn't rape someone the last thing I would do is run away.

I don't know hope you figure it out.

Taking off was hardly mentioned and was even dropped in my court-martial lol.

"I don't know hope you figure it out" is pretty much what i get from any lawyer who's time I've managed to get an hour of. I'm fucked. When did i know? When one of the jurors started crying after a short break. I knew that he knew what he was doing and he knew it was wrong and against what he was supposed to be about. I didn't screw myself, My own country did it to me. Justice failed horribly and the very military that is supposed to protect its citizens did it to me. I'd leave the country, but they won't give me a passport. A guy tried to blow up a subway in New York city yesterday and he'll get a fairer trial than I did. People will protest in his defense if he isn't well, but that won't happen to a guy like myself in this sick country. Fodder so that someone else could commit a crime and walk free due to some backroom agreement at the home of military law.

Taking off was hardly mentioned and was even dropped in my court-martial lol.

"I don't know hope you figure it out" is pretty much what i get from any lawyer who's time I've managed to get an hour of. I'm fucked. When did i know? When one of the jurors started crying after a short break. I knew that he knew what he was doing and he knew it was wrong and against what he was supposed to be about. I didn't screw myself, My own country did it to me. Justice failed horribly and the very military that is supposed to protect its citizens did it to me. I'd leave the country, but they won't give me a passport. A guy tried to blow up a subway in New York city yesterday and he'll get a fairer trial than I did. People will protest in his defense if he isn't well, but that won't happen to a guy like myself in this sick country. Fodder so that someone else could commit a crime and walk free due to some backroom agreement at the home of military law.
Civilian court vs military court...apples vs oranges guy.

I'm not even gonna argue any of this with you. Life isn't fair nor perfect. Shit happens. You aren't the only one to get screwed. Some people get off, some don't. YOu aren't the first person in any court to be falsely convicted. There are people who have spent 20-30 years in prison for things they didn't actually do. Good day.

I'm not even gonna argue any of this with you. Life isn't fair nor perfect. Shit happens. You aren't the only one to get screwed. Some people get off, some don't. YOu aren't the first person in any court to be falsely convicted. There are people who have spent 20-30 years in prison for things they didn't actually do. Good day.

I'm aware of that, but my sentence that was stated I would be on the registry for 10 years (apples), was quickly changed to lifetime registration in civilian law (oranges) shortly after my release. So an orange seems to have poisoned the apples. I could have been off the registry 5 years ago if my sentence was carried out the way it was sentenced, but it was changed after my release. I'm not the one defending military law, and as a UCMJ lawyer (I'm assuming you are), it's the kind of thing that people like you have been paid your officer grade pay by taxpayers to stop from happening. However, at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO., which is supposed to be the heart of military law, they were unable to stop a basic injustice like mine. Not because of inability, but because they decided that it was worth it to them. That's not very American, and every kid I talk away from a recruiter is a victory and shows that real justice isn't found nor given by the government.

Last edited:

I have to address this one. "You aren't theonly one to get screwed. Some people get off, some don't. YOu aren't the first person in any court to befalselyconvicted."? Really? Well, if the CID had told this girl that if she had been in the barracks where she was supposed to be instead of sneaking out, she would have been able to be protected properly and she wouldn't have gotten raped? You'd probably have a different outlook then. Truthfully, I think she snuck out to screw someone and couldn't get back in without getting caught and pulled the rape card to keep herself from getting in trouble. It explains where this DNA from an unknown source would have come from.

I have to address this one. "You aren't theonly one to get screwed. Some people get off, some don't. YOu aren't the first person in any court to befalselyconvicted."? Really? Well, if the CID had told this girl that if she had been in the barracks where she was supposed to be instead of sneaking out, she would have been able to be protected properly and she wouldn't have gotten raped? You'd probably have a different outlook then. Truthfully, I think she snuck out to screw someone and couldn't get back in without getting caught and pulled the rape card to keep herself from getting in trouble. It explains where this DNA from an unknown source would have come from.

You make interesting points.

Write your senators, congressperson, president, sec def, sec army, veterans groups, keep looking, your help is a letter or two away.

You've got to package it to cause people to read it, be disturbed by it, and talk to you.

Oh some of them do say those victim blaming things in CID, civilian police and in court. Yes. I am very fully aware of the victim blaming that goes on. I was a BN and BDE SARC for 2 1/2 years. I saw quite a lot of that from civilian police. The first case I had I took the soldier to the civilian police because it happened off post. She gave her statement. He took me in the hall, the cop, and asked me "Do you believe her?" I said that's your job not mine. I am here to help her and that's it. I was pretty shocked he asked me that honestly.

She may have made up a rape or she was actually raped. But someone believed she was raped if you got convicted of a rape charge right? If there wasn't any evidence of a rape no prosecutor would have gone forward with it. I've seen a lot of cases get dropped by CID and civilian for lack of physical evidence.

I'm just saying look at the people who spent 30 years in prison and DNA cleared them later. People have gotten screwed in the civilian and military courts. I didnt' say it was right. I just said you are not the only person. I'm not sure how you even got convicted if your DNA was not found at the scene anywhere and you weren't even there. I mean if you were in the b's someone vouched right?

I'm aware of that, but my sentence that was stated I would be on the registry for 10 years (apples), was quickly changed to lifetime registration in civilian law (oranges) shortly after my release. So an orange seems to have poisoned the apples. I could have been off the registry 5 years ago if my sentence was carried out the way it was sentenced, but it was changed after my release. I'm not the one defending military law, and as a UCMJ lawyer (I'm assuming you are), it's the kind of thing that people like you have been paid your officer grade pay by taxpayers to stop from happening. However, at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO., which is supposed to be the heart of military law, they were unable to stop a basic injustice like mine. Not because of inability, but because they decided that it was worth it to them. That's not very American, and every kid I talk away from a recruiter is a victory and shows that real justice isn't found nor given by the government.

I'm not a lawyer -read the disclaimer on this page. Most people on here aren't lawyers. I'm not an officer either.

Ft Leonardwood trains MPs - not lawyers. JAG officers appear to go to Virginia after OBC. (Must be nice). MPs enforce law - they don't prosecute law.

I'm not a lawyer -read the disclaimer on this page. Most people on here aren't lawyers. I'm not an officer either.

Ft Leonardwood trains MPs - not lawyers. JAG officers appear to go to Virginia after OBC. (Must be nice). MPs enforce law - they don't prosecute law.

JAG School is housed on the University of VA campus in Charlottesville.

It was my second most favorite duty assignment.
Usually you could return annually for some kind of training, too.
Loved it because my brother got his PhD in Psychology at Ba Tech, and mother and dad lived in Wytheville.

Good times for sure for me.

JAG School is housed on the University of VA campus in Charlottesville.

It was my second most favorite duty assignment.
Usually you could return annually for some kind of training, too.
Loved it because my brother got his PhD in Psychology at Ba Tech, and mother and dad lived in Wytheville.

Good times for sure for me.

I almost could have gone to Charlottesville...I went to Ft Riley instead to be closer to home...so stupid.

I almost could have gone to Charlottesville...I went to Ft Riley instead to be closer to home...so stupid.

I never liked Ft. Riley.
The worst army post in CONUS, in my view, is Ft. Drum.
As far as real army posts, I like Ft. Jackson, Ft. Sill, Ft. Bragg, Ft. Benning, & Ft. Leonard Wood.
Why?
Because those are posts that train and house warfighters.
Ft. Hood houses warfighters, there's a difference in my view because its home to III Corps, but also my beloved 1st CAV.
Ft. Sam Houston is my fave, because it sits right near downtown San Antonio.

Back