False allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

falseallegation

We are NYS foster parents. My husband has been accused twice of sexual abuse of a 2 yo male child who was in our home for 7 months. The child has since returned home to his bio mother. The bio mother is making up stories that her child, who is almost non-verbal has said my husband touched him inappropriately. These accusations started as soon as she started having unsupervised visits. This was investigated twice and unfounded yet the mother continues to spread these lies around the community we live and work in and continues to hotline us though it comes in as an anonomous report. The child has been examined and no evidence of abuse has been found and interviewed twice now and it was determined that he doesn't even have the speech ability to say the things she reports. There is no evidence at all and it has been unfounded twice now. Yet she continues to spread these lies through out the community despite warnings from law enforcement. My husband is a civil service worker and is constantly out in the community doing his work. Do I have any legal recourse?

We are NYS foster parents. My husband has been accused twice of sexual abuse of a 2 yo male child who was in our home for 7 months. The child has since returned home to his bio mother. The bio mother is making up stories that her child, who is almost non-verbal has said my husband touched him inappropriately. These accusations started as soon as she started having unsupervised visits. This was investigated twice and unfounded yet the mother continues to spread these lies around the community we live and work in and continues to hotline us though it comes in as an anonomous report. The child has been examined and no evidence of abuse has been found and interviewed twice now and it was determined that he doesn't even have the speech ability to say the things she reports. There is no evidence at all and it has been unfounded twice now. Yet she continues to spread these lies through out the community despite warnings from law enforcement. My husband is a civil service worker and is constantly out in the community doing his work. Do I have any legal recourse?

You can speak with an attorney about bringing a civil action against her.

The local lawyer will advise you accordingly after you explain the situation and provide documentation of her scurrilous, potentially slanderous (an/or libelous) accusations.

In the interim, you might be wise to advise the sate that you can't continue to foster this child, as the birth mother is making any continued relationship with the child untenable.

Fireman, save yourself first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back