False allegation reported to landlord by another tenant

ClearWater1

Jurisdiction
Virginia
A neighbor tenant reports a false allegation(Domestic Violence, I was told) to the landlord. The landlord does not disclose the tenant's information. The tenant who resides in the same building where I live and
I had a dispute. She reported that I hit her face with a broom. There was absolutely no physical contact.
No eye witness. I asked the landlord who made such false report.(I do know her name and apartment number.) The landlord insists that his policy does not allow him to tell me who reported. He only told me
that if I disagreed with what was reported, submit the disagreement or explanation in writing. Will I be able to have him disclose the reporter's name when filing the false allegation to the circuit court?

Why don't you let this go?

If you keep pushing it, I suspect PROOF will be presented indicating that you pounded the snot out of the dear, tender woman with that broom handle.

You saying the report is false, is no more valid than the victim saying its true.

However, with medical bills, bruises, cuts, maybe broken bones, and traumatized for life because of her savage beating with the broomstick you administered on her; things could get real bad for you.

Let sleeping dogs lay.

You're welcome, we try to help everyone. Glad we helped you.
My sarcasm was a bit too mild for you, sir. Just think for a second or two, honorable army judge.
What if your neighbor spreads a nasty rumor about you molesting a child. Let it go? If "Yes", you
are a saint and my hat is off for you.

My sarcasm was a bit too mild for you, sir. Just think for a second or two, honorable army judge.
What if your neighbor spreads a nasty rumor about you molesting a child. Let it go? If "Yes", you
are a saint and my hat is off for you.

So was mine, apparently.

Stop beating people with THINGS, keep your hands to yourself, don't argue with others, learn to control your temper, restrain your violent tendencies, etc...

Your landlord isn't required to accede to your demands.

You don't know if there was a witness, or twenty witnesses, so your best play is do what the Miranda Warnings advise.

If you're headed toward legal difficulties, remain calm, hire yourself a lawyer, don't discuss those issues with anyone but your lawyer!

Back