Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Fake ID taken at supermarket

Status
Not open for further replies.
The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. (9th Amendment of the Constitution for the united States of America. (All the States)

We aren't talking about rights being denied or disparaged. The language of 9th Amendment only means that the people do retain other rights that are not expressed in the Constitution, and the fact that they are not enumerated does not mean that they are denied.
This is a matter of state law, and the state has authority regulate driver's licenses by the authority given in the state Constitution to the legislature. The state can restrict various rights and privileges so long as it does not infringe upon those guaranteed in the US Constitution.
Your application of the 9th in this circumstance is entirely off base.

if its really my license it cant be confiscated by anyone without a warrant. I mean it is my license, i payed for it. - its my property. Who's property is a State issued operators license ?

A state issued license isn't your property. The ID card belongs to the state. You did not purchase it, you paid fees associated with producing it and maintaining records. A legitimate ID can be confiscated in a number of circumstances against your wishes. If it is a false ID then it is evidence of a crime and the law still permits confiscation. Yes, you bought it, but it is illegal contraband and you are SOL if it is taken from you.

People in Jail can still be FREE and others that think they are free can still be in a Prison of their own making.

That is fine with me... so long as the criminals are in jail they can think whatever they want.

John 8:31-32 says

that if We continue in or hold to His words then we will get three things:

1. We will be His students. indeed. 2. We will know the truth, 3. The truth will make us free

So what?

, and the fact that they are not enumerated does not mean that they are denied.

A state issued license isn't your property. The ID card belongs to the state. How can the state require me to carry state property (the license) with paying me.

That is fine with me... so long as the criminals are in jail they can think whatever they want.

--------------------------

Is a right to move my property on the common easement (the peoples streets) an enumerated Right?

----------------------------

the state cant license free speech, can they? or my right to freely drive my car used to exercise my Right to freely assemble?.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,

states can only license lawful activity, like commericial driving, marriages etc. and not murder or robbery, etc.

----------------------------

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime.

I cant be forced to carry state id (their property) without pay, that would be involuntary servitude. i dont carry anyones stuff for free.

we are all inviolation of the law, even you. there are thousands of laws that you and i dont know about.

-------------------------

last question, (would a state issued marriage license for christians be unconstitutional) -that separation of church and state thing)

Is a right to move my property on the common easement (the peoples streets) an enumerated Right?

No, not in the US Constitution it isn't. However according to your state statutes it is permitted so long as you do so in accordance with the laws regulating such movement.

the state cant license free speech, can they? or my right to freely drive my car used to exercise my Right to freely assemble?.

No, the state does not control one's right to free speech, that is one of the rights enumerated in the US Constitution that the state can't restrict. The state can restrict some assembly... the protection is for peaceful assembly, not unrestricted freedom of any assembly. Yes, the state absolutely can restrict your driving privilege.

states can only license lawful activity, like commericial driving, marriages etc. and not murder or robbery, etc.

Umm... ok... what's your point?

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion here.... :eek:fftopic:

I cant be forced to carry state id (their property) without pay, that would be involuntary servitude. i dont carry anyones stuff for free.

No, you can't be forced to carry ID, but you can be punished for not carrying ID when it is required by law. You have the choice whether or not you want to engage in those activities that require you to have the ID. If you don't want to carry it, don't drive a vehicle or go to those places that require it... your choice. It has nothing to do with involuntary servitude.

we are all inviolation of the law, even you. there are thousands of laws that you and i dont know about.

Again, what is your point? :dunno:

last question, (would a state issued marriage license for christians be unconstitutional) -that separation of church and state thing)

Yes..... :yawn:

:No, you can't be forced to carry ID, but you can be punished for not carrying ID when it is required by law.

how can the state make a law, requiring me to carry id when i cant be force to carry id?

how can the state issue a state marriage license for a regilous ceremony?

how can the state issue a state ministers license for Pastors?

----------------------

Many County Clerks in California perform civil marriage ceremonies in their offices. For further information regarding civil marriage ceremonies, please contact the County Clerk's Office directly to see if they provide this service.

California Family Code, Section 400 states the persons authorized to solemnize marriage ceremonies in California are as follows:

•A licensed priest, minister, or rabbi of any religious denomination.

•A judge or retired judge, commissioner of civil marriages or retired commissioner of civil marriages, commissioner or retired commissioner, or assistant commissioner of a court of record in this state.

•A judge or magistrate who has resigned from office.

•Any of the following judges or magistrates of the United States.

•A justice or retired justice of the United States Supreme Court.

•A judge or retired judge of a court of appeals, a district court, or a court created by an act of Congress the judges of which are entitled to hold office during good behavior.

•A judge or retired judge of a bankruptcy court or a tax court.

•A United States magistrate or retired magistrate.

•A legislator or constitutional officer of this state or a member of Congress who represents a district within this state, while that person holds office.

All fees and hours of issuance for a marriage license may vary by county.

--------------------

LICENSE, contracts. A right given by some competent authority to do an act, which without such authority would be illegal. The instrument or writing which secures this right, is also called a license. Vide Ayl. Parerg, 353; 15 Vin. Ab. 92; Ang. Wat. Co. 61, 85. Bouvier law dictionary

Is marriage or being a minister illegal activity?

Is driving an illegal activity, No

Is operating an illegal actitvity, Yes

Please, show me the law in any state, that makes driving illegal.

Last edited:
how can the state make a law, requiring me to carry id when i cant be force to carry id?
Well, you do not have to carry ID. But, when you operate a motor vehicle you are required to carry that driver's license. If you do not drive the motor vehicle, you do not have to carry any ID. Understand, however, that not having any state-issued ID on you can make it difficult to get released on your own recognizance (a citation) even if stopped as a pedestrian for some offense. Without ID an officer can generally take you into custody until ID can be verified.

how can the state issue a state marriage license for a regilous ceremony?
Because the state is not conducting a religious ceremony, they are formally recognizing a legal relationship between two people. There is a difference between a legal marriage and a purely religious one. The state recognizes the legal union, whereas a church or religious organization recognizes it within the parameters of that faith.

how can the state issue a state ministers license for Pastors?
They don't.

Is marriage or being a minister illegal activity?
Of course not. What you describe above are the individuals that are eligible to "solemnize" the marriage - the union, and to make it a legally binding union for all the requisite legal and tax benefits.

Is driving an illegal activity, No
If the driver is properly licensed and the driving is done in a safe manner as prescribed by state law, you are correct.

Is operating an illegal actitvity, Yes
Is operating WHAT an illegal activity? If you are operating on a person without proper medical training and certification, yes, that is likely a crime.

Please, show me the law in any state, that makes driving illegal.
As has been mentioned, a properly licensed driver driving a properly registered vehicle in a safe and lawful manner is not a crime.

Well, you do not have to carry ID. But, when you operate a motor vehicle you are required to carry that driver's license. If you do not drive the motor vehicle, you do not have to carry any ID. Understand, however, that not having any state-issued ID on you can make it difficult to get released on your own recognizance (a citation) even if stopped as a pedestrian for some offense. Without ID an officer can generally take you into custody until ID can be verified.
Because the state is not conducting a religious ceremony,

As has been mentioned, a properly licensed driver driving a properly registered vehicle in a safe and lawful manner is not a crime.
dont you mean when i drive a car, the operator is the company i drive a taxi for, i just am the driver, I'm not the Operator of the motor vehicle that the company.

have the officer take a picture of the driver and write down his weight, height, hair and eye color, and finger prints that should be fine, its the same as on the state-ID.

Judge says to me, do you take her to be your wife, sounds like conducting the ceremony to me.

the car is registered in the companies name, by the way the tags are expired, who should get the ticket for that? the opertor of the motor vehicle, the owner or the driver?

-----------

Define Operative – noun

1. a person engaged, employed, or skilled in some branch of work, especially productive or industrial work; worker. WOW

im the operative (the employee) not the operator (the owner)

Last edited:
Yeah ... but it's like a vehicle collision that unfolds right in front of you - it's tragic, but you can't look away!

I guess I have enough mortar and brick on my forehead from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back