Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Fake ID Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

collegeguy111

Fake ID Crisis - PLEASE HELP

Over the holiday break i was driving down to southern California and was pulled over for a speeding ticket. The citing officer noticed a extra ID card in my wallet and took it. I was given a speeding ticket and a misdemeanor for possession of a fraudulent drivers license (14610 (A)(i) VC - 'Possession of fraudulent drivers license'). The officer said that I can be punished with up to one year in jail and a fine of no more than $1,000. Fortunately, the ID had all my real info on it, which prevented my from a felon charge; however, the age was false. (I'm 19 and the fake ID said I was 23). Also, I have read several other posts regarding fake identification and it seems most people are getting cited with "B+P Fake Identification" whereas I am getting cited with "VC Fraudulent Drivers License", why is that?
So I wasn't using the ID, the fake identification that I had was of Horrible (you could see through it...it was basically paper that was laminated), and I had no intent of using it. What's going to happen? Do cases like these result in jail time? Is there anything I can do? I appreciate any help, tips, past experiences, Thanks!!

Last edited:
collegeguy111 said:
Over the holiday break i was driving down to southern California and was pulled over for a speeding ticket. The citing officer noticed a extra ID card in my wallet and took it. I was given a speeding ticket and a misdemeanor for possession of a fraudulent drivers license (14610 (A)(i) VC - 'Possession of fraudulent drivers license'). The officer said that I can be punished with up to one year in jail and a fine of no more than $1,000. Fortunately, the ID had all my real info on it, which prevented my from a felon charge; however, the age was false. (I'm 19 and the fake ID said I was 23). Also, I have read several other posts regarding fake identification and it seems most people are getting cited with "B+P Fake Identification" whereas I am getting cited with "VC Fraudulent Drivers License", why is that?
So I wasn't using the ID, the fake identification that I had was of Horrible (you could see through it...it was basically paper that was laminated), and I had no intent of using it. What's going to happen? Do cases like these result in jail time? Is there anything I can do? I appreciate any help, tips, past experiences, Thanks!!

I'm not sure the fraudulent ID charge can be sustained and you also didn't use it. You can claim that it was a pure joke, although the presence of your fake driver's license is not good and may taint any explanation that you may have. After all, why were you carrying it if it was so bad that nobody would believe it? Obviously someone would...

It's difficult to say why others may get something and you get another but the key here is that your fake drivers license corresponds to a specific CA statute that deals with the falsification of DMV documentation such as your driver's license.

Check out this thread. It contains the section of the California Criminal Code that pertains to phony identification documents.

http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3868&highlight=fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back