Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Fake ID Confiscated

Status
Not open for further replies.

emp14

I attempted to buy alcohol in San Luis Obispo, California and had my fake id confiscated. The guy at the register said I had two options: call the police and find out if my fake was real, or I could walk away. I made the logical choice and walked away. The employee said he would still have to hand over the id to the police. With only my name and picture (no other real information), is it possible for me to be caught for this? What is the likelihood that the police actually take the time to find me, considering I am neither from California nor Maine.

I have checked the local public police log and there is no mention of this incident. Would a fake id handoff be on record, or is there some other way I can find out whether or not the ID has been turned over to the police?

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you do nothing until the police contact you.
If they do, use your right to remain silent.
If they arrest you, they arrest you.
Its highly unlikely the police even got your alleged fake ID.
Besides, it'll be liquor store man's word against yours.
Smart people don't call the cops and inquire about things that could land them in a pile of hot poopoo.
Smarter peopel don't use fake ID to get liquor, so don't do that again, use this as that ONE break we all get sometimes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back