Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Failed rehab drug test PTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdoe123

I am in the Pre-Trial Intervention program in Alabama. Part of the agreement is that i pass all random drug tests and complete a drug dependency classes/rehab. I have been clean since i entered the program and had all random drug tests ordered by my PTI court referal officer come back negative. However, last week my rehab councelor told me that a recent drug test had come back positive for thc, indicated by levels of 37 ng/ml. They are not terminating me from the rehab program, but are requiring me to go for 5 more weeks. My question is will these test results go back to my court, and if they do, will the court count the rehabs test as a violation of the PTI agreement? Will this result in termination from the PTI program?

Not if you behave yourself and do exactly as you're told going forward.

I have been and will continue to comply with all requests of the court. I have yet to figure out the reason behind the positive result but honestly did not use marijuana. Since the UA's conducted by rehab are not administered by a facility that the court request i take my random UA's at, I am curious if this result can be used against me? Are rehab programs required to report positive UA's back to court. (My rehab is in MS and my PTI program is in AL).

BTW my pti agreement states that i complete a drug abuse program, no mention of drug tests administered by rehab; only require me to complete program. A seperate condition is that i submit to random drug testing that (i assume) is limited to the request of my CRO or court.
I could, however, be very wrong.

It's likely an anomaly.
If the court asks about it (I doubt it will), offer an explanation.
Offer to take a retest.
Mistakes happen.
This is probably a mistake.

Thanks for sharing Jdoe123.
I'm in a situation where PTI has been offered. I'd like to find out more about the process. Can you share any links?

I've been told that while in the PTI program you can fail drug tests just so long as you complete the program and that your drug levels don't steadily increase. If that were the case then an addict using 12 times a day would only have to step down over a long period of time and still use on a daily basis.

At the end of the day, I agree with Army Judge that you should be honest with the court and do your best to improve. Samples and records get mixed up all the time. Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back