Consumer Fraud Facebook got hacked and scammed around $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julyo

Jurisdiction
Asia
Good day,

Let me start by saying that my father's(64yrs old) facebook account got hacked, it happend when a certain person asked a favor for my father by liking her daughter's photo, unfortunately that site was a phising site and managed to obtain all the information by my father.

After which that hacker messaged a lot of people from my father's account and managed to scam around $20,000. The way the hacker did was to send money through 7/11 store and send it to coins.ph(e-wallet).

We noticed way too late as some of my father's friend already sent money to coins.ph

I need to ask question or advice if we are obliged to pay the money that were scammed? And also what legal action should we take.

Thank you.

Good day,

Let me start by saying that my father's(64yrs old) facebook account got hacked, it happend when a certain person asked a favor for my father by liking her daughter's photo, unfortunately that site was a phising site and managed to obtain all the information by my father.

After which that hacker messaged a lot of people from my father's account and managed to scam around $20,000. The way the hacker did was to send money through 7/11 store and send it to coins.ph(e-wallet).

We noticed way too late as some of my father's friend already sent money to coins.ph

I need to ask question or advice if we are obliged to pay the money that were scammed? And also what legal action should we take.

Thank you.
I'm sorry, but this forum is for United States law matters only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back