Relatives F4 Visa Case Inquiry

Rs Malo

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Hi. I'm from Bangladesh. 14 years ago from now, a petition was filed for Alien relative immigration to USCIS by my uncle living in Massachusetts. Now, we got NOA2 and are ready with all necessary papers. But he refuses to help.Now, can he anyway dismiss our case?Can we fill our required forms with the help of our trusted sponsors help residing in US? Do we need any sign or confirmation from him to work further?

Secondly, How can I change the name of applicant's surname in NVC case after these 14 years?

Hi. I'm from Bangladesh. 14 years ago from now, a petition was filed for Alien relative immigration to USCIS by my uncle living in Massachusetts. Now, we got NOA2 and are ready with all necessary papers. But he refuses to help.Now, can he anyway dismiss our case?Can we fill our required forms with the help of our trusted sponsors help residing in US? Do we need any sign or confirmation from him to work further?

Secondly, How can I change the name of applicant's surname in NVC case after these 14 years?

I suggest you retain the services a licensed immigration attorney to assist you with your issues.

Well...thanks..but I'll contact attorney of my country or US?

I see you're in Asia.

You can ask someone at the US Embassy or a consulate , if there is one in your country.

You can't force someone in the uS to sponsor you.

Sponsoring a foreign national's entry into the US is very risky, and can be extremely expensive.

Relatives often change their mind when they learn of the burden sponsoring someone will impose.

But we aren't forcing him for anything... rather we have our sponsors other than him who are ready to support us....still could he terminate the case?

But we aren't forcing him for anything... rather we have our sponsors other than him who are ready to support us....still could he terminate the case?

He can't terminate it, he can simply decide NOT to support you.

The US Embassy might have additional information to further enlighten you.

Straight from the website I posted
Family Preference Immigrant Visas (Limited): These visa types are for specific, more distant, family relationships with a U.S. citizen and some specified relationships with a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). There are fiscal year numerical limitations on family preference immigrants, shown at the end of each category. The family preference categories are:

• Family First Preference (F1): Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children, if any. (23,400)
  • Family Second Preference (F2): Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over) of LPRs. At least seventy-seven percent of all visas available for this category will go to the spouses and children; the remainder is allocated to unmarried sons and daughters. (114,200)
  • Family Third Preference (F3): Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children. (23,400)
  • Family Fourth Preference (F4): Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years of age. (65,000)
Note: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws, and cousins cannot sponsor a relative for immigration.

Back