1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

F1 to H1b H Visa

Discussion in 'Investment, Work Visa' started by Ananta, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta

Ananta Law Topic Starter Banned

Dear

I got F1 reinstatement approved in april 2012. However unfortunately, though I recieved approval and new I 94, my SEVIS data still showed terminated. So the DSO posted a data fix ticket on april 29. According to her, this is taking awefully long like 3 to 5 months. Meanwhile I want to transfer to a better school for Fall 2012. I am also getting a job offer with H1b sponsorship and am planning to file for H1b and my job would not be under cap so I can start working before October. I am on an approved reduced course leave from my school right now.
    Will my H1b and COS get approved with my new I 94 even if SEVIS data fix might be pending? Can I work then?
    If H1 is denied due to any or above reasons, can I continue on F1 and is it possible to transfer to that other school?
    Thanks for your reply

2. Ananta

Ananta Law Topic Starter Banned

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

If you are here in the US on student visa, you are generally not able to receive an H1B.

I suggest you contact an immigration lawyer or your purported employer's attorney.

This could be a BIG problem for you.

I am NOT your lawyer, so do not consider this information to be legal advice.