F-1 student charged with B misdemeanor

shapre

Hi I'm a college student from the Cayman Islands and I was charged with a B misdemeanor (attempted theft of property). I will petition to have my record conceal in a few days which according to my lawyer is likely to get approved. Now I'm aware that this misdemeanor is consider an act of moral turpitude which can lead to inadmissibility; but there are exceptions which is if you are under the age of 18 and/or if the maximum jail time for the act is under a year, which is where I think this does apply to me. I was just wondering will I be granted acess back into the U.S. in August although my lawyer has reassured me that I should be admitted into the country.

I would think your lawyer or USCIS would be able to answer that with more certainty than we can.

Hi I'm a college student from the Cayman Islands and I was charged with a B misdemeanor (attempted theft of property). I will petition to have my recorf conceal in a few days which according to my lawyer is likely to get approved. Now I'm aware that this misdemeanor is consider an sct of moral turpitude which can lead to inadmissibility; but there are exceptions which is if you are under the age of 18 and/or if the maximum jail time for the act is under a year, which is where I think this does apply to me. I was just wondering will I be granted acess back into the U.S. in August although my lawyer has reassured me that I should be admitted into the country.

There is no way a bunch of strangers on the internet that know nothing about your case can properly advise you.
You have retained a lawyer, heed his advice, or hire a new lawyer.
Otherwise, you can consult the US Agency that will ultimately decide if you are allowed to reenter the US or not.

www.uscis.gov

Bon chance....

I agree with others - the people here cannot give you the odds of what will happen. I don't know what your immigration lawyer told you but he or she would know all the details of your case far better than we would. I am not sure that an attorney would be absolutely confident of anything happening, especially a crime of moral turpitude. It appears you are familiar the factors that USCIS takes into account so you should know that nothing is a sure thing. That said, your attorney might see how these issues are being regularly handled and may be giving you the best information available, which is generally positive and that you may get a second chance. Your best bet is to remain hopeful, optimistic and await the outcome. Getting odds won't change it. Good luck to you.

Back