F Visa F-1 holder got paid for private lessons. Will I have problems reentering the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm47

I have been living in MA for 8 years. I came as an international student. I received a Bachelors and a Masters degree between 2002 and 2007. From 2007 to 2008 I was on OPT. During that year I found a sponsor for an H-1B but I didn't win the CAP lottery. Since August 2008 I have been prolonging my F-1 to keep my legal status hoping to improve my situation in this country , but in the meantime I had to pay my bills, eat, and have a roof, so I had to work yes or yes. I gave private lessons and I never made a lot of money just the necessary to survive. I am now tired of this situation and I want to go back to my country for a year and then come back for a PhD, but I am afraid they won't let me in because I have worked under the table. I did get paid by check sometimes. Can you please let me know if this will be an issue and if so, should I stay in the country? Is there another option for me given the fact that I have lived here for so long keeping legal status?

Thank you!

As long as your passport is valid, you should be okay to leave. I doubt that anyone was tracking your income.

But, why come back? I've lived in the US all my life. I was born here. I served in the military for 29 years.

I'm emigrating in the next 18-24 months. (I hope sooner, rather than later.) The US isn't what it once was. I doubt that it will ever be.

We gave a perception of freedom. Our economy is on suicide watch. Crime is out of control. Things will only get worse. I don't understand why people don't want to get out, before they can't?

As long as your passport is valid, you should be okay to leave. I doubt that anyone was tracking your income.

But, why come back? I've lived in the US all my life. I was born here. I served in the military for 29 years.

I'm emigrating in the next 18-24 months. (I hope sooner, rather than later.) The US isn't what it once was. I doubt that it will ever be.

We gave a perception of freedom. Our economy is on suicide watch. Crime is out of control. Things will only get worse. I don't understand why people don't want to get out, before they can't?

Well, things are worse in most other countries in terms of the economy. Things are better in terms of the way of life in other countries. I like the education system here...

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back