Extend Foreclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo67

I have been living in my home in FL for about 3 years. The landlord has vanished and left me in a bad situation.
I have been served with a 90 day notice that is up in about 2 weeks. I need more time to find myself a new place as well as my mother, who is disabled.
How long do I have after the 90 days is up?
Can I demand my security deposit back? I cannot find and not heard from the owner in the last 9 MTS!
Thanks for any help!
Jimbo67

jimbo67 said:
I have been living in my home in FL for about 3 years. The landlord has vanished and left me in a bad situation.
I have been served with a 90 day notice that is up in about 2 weeks. I need more time to find myself a new place as well as my mother, who is disabled.
How long do I have after the 90 days is up?
Can I demand my security deposit back? I cannot find and not heard from the owner in the last 9 MTS!
Thanks for any help!
Jimbo67

You can choose to force the current owner to evict you. If you do that, it could buy you an additional 30-60 days. But, that will be at a cost. An eviction on your record, even a verdict isn't rendered will be held against you by future landlords. In essence, it might be hard to secure any lodgings.

If you pay the entire rental period up front, (in advance) that can often get you a rental unit, even if there is an eviction on your record.

You might ask the new owner, if you can have an additional 60-90 days to find new housing. Of course, he/she will want consideration (payment) for such forbearance. If it's permitted, get it in writing.

Thanks for the advise, but the owner is a bank and will not even concider letting me buy the home.
Jimbo

Thanks for the advise, but the owner is a bank and will not even concider letting me buy the home.
Jimbo

I wasn't suggesting you buy the home.

That would be foolish in this economy.

But, why not suggest it, if you want to stay and can afford it.

You might get a great deal on a home that you know well!

The bank doesn't want to be a landlord, they want MONEY!!!!!!

I was suggesting that you might try to get a lease extension, or a month to month lease for something like 90-180 days.

In the interim you would pay the bank a nominal rental fee.

Heck, offer them what you used to pay the old landlord, if you think its fair.

If you don't pay them something, they won't be getting anything on the home.

If its vacant, it'll be burglarized and probably trashed!

They sure as heck won't sell that home in the next 90 days!

But, if you're smart and clever, you could rent it and stay put through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and into 20111!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back