Computer Crimes, Hacking Extar Marital Affair & Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

torquemovesme

My wife and I are rebuilding our marriage following a brief affair I participated in. The woman (who lives in a different state) that I was involved with was separated (her terminology), living in a separate room of the house, and was planning for divorce. Almost immediately after terminating the relationship, our details became public. The woman's husband decided to call my wife at her office to inform her. Shortly thereafter an unsolicited package was sent to her office containing online chat logs of the conversations I had with the woman. According to the woman, her husband and one of his business associates used spyware on her laptop, printed the logs, and sent them to my wife's office.

My questions are;

1. Were any Wire Tap, harrassment, or other laws broken by the woman's husband and work associate?
2. Can the woman's attorney force me to participate in her divorce proceedings and relinquish the hardcopy chat logs sent to my wife?
3. Are there any legal reasons for me to keep the chat logs or should I destroy them and move on?
4. Can I take out an Order of Protection against the woman and her friends who still insist on calling me asking for me to continue conversations with her on the issue?

Thank You.

Last edited:
My questions are;

1. Were any Wire Tap, harrassment, or other laws broken by the woman's husband and work associate?
2. Can the woman's attorney force me to participate in her divorce proceedings and relinquish the hardcopy chat logs sent to my wife?
3. Are there any legal reasons for me to keep the chat logs or should I destroy them and move on?
4. Can I take out an Order of Protection against the woman and her friends who still insist on calling me asking for me to continue conversations with her on the issue?

1. Hard to say with the info given- but not likely, and if so it would be up to her to raise the issue.
2. No.
3. I can't imagine why you even have them. I love chat logs.... but then again, it is my job to put people in jail, so of course I love anytime when evidence is so easy to find.
4. If you feel they are harassing you then you could pursue it, but you would have to justify this to a judge. I suspect the harassment is likely petty and that you may have difficulty getting such an order if it is challenged. Simply ignore them. Don't take their calls. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back