expurging misdemeanor record

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbfree

I have a small child care business and was informed that payment will discontinued because of a misdemeanor of receiving food stamps and receiving child support in 1981. There was no jail time served and I paid back the foodstamps-I cannot remember the amount, but it was less than 200.00. Can I have this record sealed or removed? It seems that because my fingerprints came back from the Department of Family and Children services, I am not able to care for children and the children I am caring for (while the mother works) is my grandchildren and the State of Georgia is paying for Childcare.

Check state laws

Check your state expungement laws. Each state is different. But an expungement doesn't always mean that the records don't show up. The fact that a government agency is checking your background would likely have trurned up the records expunged or sealed or not. Also, I heard that the arrest isn't removed anyway so that would show up. It doesn't matter that the children are your grandchildren, what matters is that the state of Georgia is footing the bill and they won't pay you. Your daughter or son will have to have someone else care for the children if they want Georgia to pay for it or you could help your child out by watching the grandchildren for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back