1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Expungement Criminal Records, Expungement

Discussion in 'Criminal Records, Expungement' started by Diamond5ds, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamond5ds

    Diamond5ds Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    About 6 years ago, I was adjudicated of a felony sexual crime. I was 14 years old, but I still have problems getting employed due to the records from my childhood mistake still existing.

    I've been out of trouble with the law for almost 8 years and I want desperately to expunge my record, but on the expungement form I picked up at the courthouse, I find this line:

    "You are not eligible to Petition for an expungement order if you were adjudicated for an offense involving unlawful sexual behavior as defined in 16-22-102(9) C.R.S."

    I guess my questions is: is there any way around this? A law is a law, but is there any way I can go to the next higher authority or submit it regardless? I feel like this was a rather stupid childhood mistake and for it to continue affecting my life is really horrible. I'm willing to put considerable effort into it I just need a little guidance. I know very little about law so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.