Criminal Records, Expungement Expungement of dropped Domestic Violence Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharmedLightz

I live in the state of Florida where I was unfortunately charged with domestic battery on my teen daughter who I open handed slapped in face after she was coming at me cursing and in attack mode. My husband called the police and I was arrested because the police asked me to leave and I told him that I had no place to go. He then said well then 'You are going to jail, put your hands behind your back.' I complied.
(My husband and I have been having resentment towards each other because of our inability to set boundaries for her behavior. He refuses to give her consequences for her behavior because as he states, she would just become irate and he does not want to deal with it. I on the other hand, have a very difficult time allowing such behavior, which in turn has created much screaming and yelling between my husband and I. Unfortunately, we are in the process of divorce now, from the continuance of these issues.)

My husband signed the complaint for the police officer, and the next day he bailed me out and continued with dropping the charges.

My situation is that I have an arrest record that appears in public web-site. It has already caused some damage in relation to my career and others who are viewing this information.

Can a charge of domestic violence in the state of Florida (that was dropped) be expunged?
I read information on line that it can not. This is very sad because even though the charge was unfounded and dropped, the arrest record is easily available to the public. I believe that to be unjust. I am appeared to be a criminal, when I was not.

Please help, if you are aware - How I can remove this record. It occurred in Marion County, Florida.

An arrest record can't be expunged. Only a conviction canpotentially be expunged. Some arrest records can be sealed. You might wish to discuss that with an attorney. Don't get your hopes up, if it happens, it takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back