Criminal Records, Expungement Expungement-Assault with deadly weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

momof3girls

I was arrested 12 years ago for Assault with deadly weapon (it was self defense), bonded out, signed non prosecution papers and nothing was ever done after that. Infact, it was never even sent to the DA's office. It was the topic of discussion at a job interview recently and I was wondering if I could do an expungement myself so this does not happen again?

I am uncertain if "arrest" records can be expunged. You will require the services of a lawyer if it can. Its not a do it your self process. I assume you mean the arrest since according to you there was no prosecution or conviction

Yes the arrest being on my record. There is no disposition, so when potential employers do a background check, it just shows what I was arrested for is what I was told. Do I really need a lawyer if all they need are just some legal documents? I can gather all the info and provide it myself and buy legal forms online right?

Expungement-Assault w/deadly weapon

In response to your post, yes you can do it yourself. It is a pain in the rear, but it can be done. I did it myself. Go to the Department of Law Enforcement website for your state (google them). They should have an application for a certificate of eligibility. Follow the directions. They will tell you if you are able to have this particular charge expunged. If there is nothing listed for your state, research other states to see how they handle this process. Hope this helps.

I was arrested 12 years ago for Assault with deadly weapon (it was self defense), bonded out, signed non prosecution papers and nothing was ever done after that. Infact, it was never even sent to the DA's office. It was the topic of discussion at a job interview recently and I was wondering if I could do an expungement myself so this does not happen again?
What state were you convicted in?

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back