Expunged misdemeanour about 10 years ago

KarenBC

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I have have had my permanent Residency Card (I am Canadian) since Feb 2006. I was pulled over for initially inpairted driving and findind no substances in my system, it was reduced to reckless driving. However, they did not take my licence away and in a road check, I was charged with driving with a suspended licence as the first incident had not gone to court. I was found innocent on all charges but did have to server 3 w/e's in jail (to accomodate my work) an I was placed on probation until fines were paid which were paid in less than 2 months. Shortly after, I applied to have this expunged and it was granted. I have been married for nerly 13 years to an American and we now live in Nevada as he was transferred with Southwetst Airlines. I am applying for my citizenship and need to know if this will be an issue that my have me deported? I have to report it, even though it was expunged, but could it be reason enought to be deported? Thank you.

These days our immigration policies are under review and will possibly be revamped drastically.

You should seek the counsel of a licensed attorney in NV to assist you as things develop.

Back