Criminal Records, Expungement Expunge misdemeanors 32 years old? In texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB_

Hi,
I was surprised today to learn that 2 misdemeanors (public Intoxication & DWI) (1) in 1972 and (1) in 1982 (clean record since then and 32 years of work history 29 with one company and 3 years with second company) I thought most checks went back at the most 7 years & 10 years for bankrupties ? I want these expunged and I would like to do this myself I know I can but need to know how and how long does it take to have it come of the records.
Thank you for any help and thank you for the forum.
Regards
DMB

You are confusing credit agency reports and records kept in the courts and police departments. They have no such purging requirement.

Tex. Code Crim. Proc. Art. 55.02 states the procedure to do get records expunged in Texas:

1) It seems you will need to file a petition assuming you are eligible under Article 55.01(a)(1)(B), 55.01(a)(2), or 55.01(d) and it should be filed in the county within which you were arrested.

2) The petition must be verified (sworn to and notarized) and needs to include the following or an explanation as to why something is omitted:

1. The Petitioner's:
- full name
- date of birth
- driver's license registration number
- social security number
- address at the time of arrest

2. The offense that the petitioner was charged

3. Date of offense

4. Date Petitioner was arrested

5. County of arrest and municipality, if applicable

6. Name of agency that arrested Petitioner

7. Case number and court of offense

8. Complete list of list of all places/agencies that the Petitioner believes has records or files subject to expunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back