Criminal Records, Expungement Expunge a Sealed Case in Florida ?

Tammy P

Jurisdiction
Florida
I received an Adjudication Withheld for a Felony in Volusia County. The Offense Happened in August 14 1997. I Personally Filed a Request to have my Case Sealed, (I was Denied the 1st Time) I was approved in March 2003. It cost $75.00 to File with The Clerk of the Court. Can I do the Same thing to get it Expunged ? I have Been a Volunteer (Class A) at my Children's Schools for Field Trip, Dances, Classroom Helper Etc. For 19 Years. My Oldest Child Graduated 2 Years Ago. Now I want to Upgrade my Volunteer Status to Class A+. Which Requires Fingerprints. I Think my Case had Stipulations that I Could Not Withhold My Charge if I Wanted to Work with Elderly/Children or Pass The Florida Bar. I want to Volunteer More Now and Help the Front Desk at School, and also Do More Chaperoning in Class. In The Hopes of Obtaining a Position Working at The School to Earn an Income, and to Spend More Time With My Youngest Child. He Enjoys it When I'm in Class and Field Trips. I can Continue with Just Being a Class A Volunteer But I Really Want to Upgrade to The A+. The School Needs Help. It Would Be a "Win-Win" For Everyone. Thank You For Any Help In This Matter It is Greatly Appreciated.
Tammy

I received an Adjudication Withheld for a Felony in Volusia County. The Offense Happened in August 14 1997. I Personally Filed a Request to have my Case Sealed, (I was Denied the 1st Time) I was approved in March 2003. It cost $75.00 to File with The Clerk of the Court. Can I do the Same thing to get it Expunged ? I have Been a Volunteer (Class A) at my Children's Schools for Field Trip, Dances, Classroom Helper Etc. For 19 Years. My Oldest Child Graduated 2 Years Ago. Now I want to Upgrade my Volunteer Status to Class A+. Which Requires Fingerprints. I Think my Case had Stipulations that I Could Not Withhold My Charge if I Wanted to Work with Elderly/Children or Pass The Florida Bar. I want to Volunteer More Now and Help the Front Desk at School, and also Do More Chaperoning in Class. In The Hopes of Obtaining a Position Working at The School to Earn an Income, and to Spend More Time With My Youngest Child. He Enjoys it When I'm in Class and Field Trips. I can Continue with Just Being a Class A Volunteer But I Really Want to Upgrade to The A+. The School Needs Help. It Would Be a "Win-Win" For Everyone. Thank You For Any Help In This Matter It is Greatly Appreciated.
Tammy

An expungement doesn't make the case or the charhge, the arrest, the fingerprints, or the conviction disappear.

Only a pardon can accomplish that.

Forget a pardon, those are rare, very rare,

In FL, this is where you begin the process of seeking an expungment:

Florida Department of Law Enforcement

Florida Department of Law Enforcement

Good luck.

Back