Criminal Records, Expungement Expunction Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDogNelson

I was arrested (Texas) a couple years ago for allegedly "assaulting" my then adolescent son; it was the one and only time I have ever been arrested. The allegations were bogus and, in fact, my ex-wife was behind the whole thing. My case went to a Grand Jury where it was no-billed and no charges were ever filed. Several months later my arrest record was expunged. That's the good news.

The bad news is that my ex-wife finds ways to bring up the matter of my arrest at every turn in a transparent effort to damage my reputation. She freely discusses it with anyone, but more troublesome, on more than one occasion she also has brought it up in court procedures through her attorney during her endless and frivolous civil actions. Is that legal? Of course I can deny my arrest, but once the cat's out of the bag the damage is done. I'd like to find a way to advise her (appropriately) that willfully disclosing information about my arrest once she knows the record was expunged (which she does) is sanctionable. I'm tired of this. Are there any statutes prohibiting this kind of malicious behavior?

Thank you for your time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back