Extension, Renewal Executable Lease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdbuckeye

Hello,
My landlord kept hounding me to hurry up and sign to re-up my lease. I did this and about 3 days after I mailed it to him he called me and told me he was selling the home and wants me to show buyers the home for him.

He never told me about his plans to sell before I signed the lease, otherwise I wouldn't have re signed.
My question is this:

My landlord sent my lease to me via E-Mail. I printed it out, signed it and mailed it back to him. I have never received a copy of the lease with his signature on it. Nor did I ever receive one with his signature for the first year I rented from him.

Do I have an executable lease since I don't know whether he signed it or not?

Thank you

Hello,
My landlord kept hounding me to hurry up and sign to re-up my lease. I did this and about 3 days after I mailed it to him he called me and told me he was selling the home and wants me to show buyers the home for him.

He never told me about his plans to sell before I signed the lease, otherwise I wouldn't have re signed.
My question is this:

My landlord sent my lease to me via E-Mail. I printed it out, signed it and mailed it back to him. I have never received a copy of the lease with his signature on it. Nor did I ever receive one with his signature for the first year I rented from him.

Do I have an executable lease since I don't know whether he signed it or not?

Thank you

Unfortunately, you're stuck with the new lease if the original lease has expired.

If it hasn't, you can try to rescind the new lease.

You send him a letter withdrawing the new lease and indicating that you want to be a month to month (periodic) tenant.

Send the letter certified, return receipt requested.

It could work.

Otherwise, you might be stuck in the new lease.

It doesn't matter, because whoever buys the home, will have to honor your lease!

In effect, they are also buying your tenancy.

You do not have to show his home.

That is what he can do or his real estate agent.

All you have to do is make the home available to be shown.

But, I wouldn't show the home to anyone.

You have no legal duty to show his home or help him sell it.

Last edited:
Unless it is in the lease, I don't think you have to let anyone show it. That would be violating your right to "quiet enjoyment." Perhaps he will sign off on letting you move so that he has a better chance to sell the home.

But since I have never received a copy of the lease with his signature, and do not know whether he signed it or not, do I have an executable lease?

But since I have never received a copy of the lease with his signature, and do not know whether he signed it or not, do I have an executable lease?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back