Exclusive

RAMorgan

Jurisdiction
Oregon
In a relationship, what is the legal definition of being in a exclusive relationship? He is the one that stated we were only seeing each other and he was not "seeing" anyone else only to find out he was sleeping with 3 other women putting my health in jeopardy not to mention what that has done to my mental and emotional health.

In a relationship, what is the legal definition of being in a exclusive relationship? He is the one that stated we were only seeing each other and he was not "seeing" anyone else only to find out he was sleeping with 3 other women putting my health in jeopardy not to mention what that has done to my mental and emotional health.
Divorce 101: there is no guarantee that your SO is/will be faithful.

Stop renting space to this jerk in your head and move on...but do go to your doctor and get tested for STD's.

In a relationship, what is the legal definition of being in a exclusive relationship?

The law takes no notice of serial liars.
You must protect yourself.
You are entangled with a liar, you might wish to sever all entanglements.

what about a civilly?

In a relationship, what is the legal definition of being in a exclusive relationship?

There is no such definition. In the law, you are either married or not married. The law does not concern itself with other relationship situations like exclusive relationships, first dates, friend zone, or whatever.

He is the one that stated we were only seeing each other and he was not "seeing" anyone else only to find out he was sleeping with 3 other women putting my health in jeopardy not to mention what that has done to my mental and emotional health.

It's unfortunate that he turned out to be untrustworthy, but there's nothing the law can do for you about that. Dump the guy (if you haven't already) and move on.

It is a reasonable question to ask whether someone who knew they had coronovirus or misled others as to their condition may be liable for transmission of a communicable disease, especially one with significantly harmful potential. For example, I the law takes a stance with regard to the spread of infectious disease. Some states criminalize it too, such as HIV, STI, PLWH . The Center for HIV Law and Policy produced a compilation of the following: State HIV Laws HIV-Specific Criminal Laws, State Guidelines for Health Care Workers with HIV, Youth Access to STI and HIV Testing and Treatment, HIV Testing

A relationship is not necessarily required to make a criminal or civil case and these cases are circumstance specific. If we want to talk about law school problems, we can discuss whether the cheating party may have been guilty of negligent infliction of emotional distress. Thinking about the future, what if you discover you don't have coronavirus as a result of taking a test 2 weeks after last contact? If so, what are your damages? I think many of us have been where you are before, e.g. going to the grocery store and wondering whether a person who came too close to you may have breathed to heavily, spoke with too much force, etc. and you come home worrying that you might have contracted COVID-19.

I don't think the DA will prosecute such a case like this and a civil case is certainly not worthwhile. Best to move on and learn from an unfortunate experience like this and consider your good fortune if you're healthy, especially during the time of the pandemic. Good luck.

Back