Ex won't take responsibility for debts in divorce decree

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyndsayPrivett

Hi. My question is kind of complicated so Ill try to make it short. My ex and I got separated last Dec and he wouldnt sign the papers until may. In the decree it said that he was supposed to get the 4 wheeler in his name (its only in mine) and I would get the Sallie Mae student loan into my name (he is a co-signer) He decided to leave me with both and not pay hardly anything in child support so I was forced to not pay my bills and am now going through bankruptcy. I am trying to see if i can get the student loan put on him since I was forced into this because he didn't follow the decree. I am debating whether to take him to court with an order to show cause and if that will even help the sitaution (getting him to take over the loan or making him pay the monthly 4 wheeler what would have been payment) Or should I take him to small claims and sue him for the 7000? The loan for the 4 wheeler and student loan are for the same amount. Im also tryign to take him through ORS but am waiting to modify the divorce decree so that it says he can pay for child support from being separated. Should I wait to go to ORS until after the decree is modified? Sorry I have lots of questions and it seems I cant find any answers. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back