Ex won't leave

Jayro269

Jurisdiction
Alabama
Girlfriend moved in with me in my house around March of 2017. Things have not worked out and we have since broken up. I've been asking her to move out since July 29, 2017 and she refuses to do so. I own the home, there is no lease or rental agreement. She pays no rent, no untilities or anything at all. There are no children between us and no personal property to split. How do I get her out? Do I have to go through the entire eviction process? Do I have to provide a 7 or 30 day written notice? Please help!

How do I get her out?

You can offer her money to leave.
She only gets the money after she has removed all of her junk from your home.

Other than that, you have to formally evict her using the court system in your county.

You can GOOGLE "eviction YOUR COUNTY, MS".

Do I have to go through the entire eviction process?

No, unless you wish to have the deadbeat legally removed.

Do I have to provide a 7 or 30 day written notice?

You have to provide the notice required.

You Google as I suggested above, and all will be revealed to you.

One last comment, never allow anyone to live in your home, with the exception of your spouse and minor children.

Yes, you have to follow the usual eviction process. If you want to try bypassing it, you can always offer her money to move out.

You can also try revoking (in writing) her guest status, give her 7 days, then call the police and report trespass.

Then, if the police won't do anything, you'll have to go through the court eviction process.

Back