Ex was Intoxicated with our 6 yr old son

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicki

My ex-husband brought our 6 year old son home last Sunday at 10:00 pm and my ex was intoxicated. We live in Texas and have been divorced since 1997. My son is in the first grade and should have been in bed at 9:00 pm. Can I restrict my ex's visitation to supervised visitation OR demand that he get alcohol counseling? I confronted my ex about his drunkeness and being so irresponsible with our son. He "blew" it off. My son is the most important part of my life. I can't risk this happening again. What can I do or what papers can I file today to get something done?
Thank you,
Vicki
Texas

I'm not sure that your ex's bringing your child home an hour late is so serious. His intoxication... well, how intoxicated was he? Did he drink and drive? Did he have a drink or was he truly intoxicated?

My 6 year old son was home 4 hours late. He is in first grade and was here way past his usual bed time. His father was TRULY intoxicated. I can't prove it to you, but he admitted to drinking way too much. He smelled of alcohol and couldn't walk a straight line. Yes, he was driving - he drove my son home. The drive is 45 minutes. He endangered my son. I wasn't even sure that my ex could make it back home. That is how intoxicated he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back