EX NOT PAID RENT IN 4 MONTHS AND WITHHOLDING ALL MY STUFF FOR 2 WEEKS PLUS

Dhauber

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
My ex-boyfriend is withholding all my possessions from me for 2 weeks plus no that I very moved out. He won't cooperate or communicate beside nasty texts. He has not paid the rent in four months or any bills. His lease is up February 1, 2017. So, should I or can I press charges for theft. I'm not why he's letting go get it all..either being spiteful, will only have a bed TV dresser and kitchen table left when I take my stuff or he's going to stay till lease up a ND then say I abandoned it. The same situation went on to months ago and his and my attorney told him cannot HD you stuff, not sure why he thinks it's different this time. I need way more than an hour with a cop over my shoulder for weeks and I don't want him packing or touching anything of mine. I've told him that I want to get in their pants all the little stuff up and then in a couple days I have that done and I will have a big mover come and we'll take all the entire time every day for him to let me know an hour I went in and out and I want to get this over with this is consuming my life. I really don't want to press charges AND prolong this any longer. I would like to get in the house for as long as it takes me pack boxed stuff and then have movers come the same day (when boxed things are ready) for that and all the big stuff at the time. He cannot be trusted at all ...please help me this has been consuming everyday all day and it's a tortuous way to live. Furthermore he never advise or gave new to landlord. Thank you very much for your time. Also all my mail goes there and I'm expecting car registration paperwork from dmv and new car insurance proof of insurance or the car

Only a REAL lawyer can assist you.
Possibly the one you hired before.
What he's doing isn't legal, but only a judge can order him to allow you a couple hours to get your stuff.
This is another reason people shouldn't live in romantic hook ups, or roommate situations.

I don't see any court allowing you two or three days to get your stuff.
You might develop a quicker, two or three hour plan.
But, I'm not anyone, just a dummy on the 'net.

One, sometimes both parties get gored.

The law has very little power to address personal relationships, and when it can, it's useless anyway.

The flip side, this is a free society where human rights still have a minimal meaning.

Good luck.

Back