Ex lied about having Hep C

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohotmama

Once I left my ex he called to tell me that we were dying of Hepatitis C. He said he was tested at routine bloodwork and they instantly diagnoised him. I was skeptical because his next statement was, "Since we can't sleep with other people now, just come on home baby." I have called the company that did his bloodwork and they said it takes at least 3 days to have those results. He called me the same day! I had another person go to our house and get paperwork from his doctor to prove his allegations. That revealed that he had bloodwork, but Hep C was not on the sheet at all. At that time, he also produced an online printout, complete with a web address at the bottom. I have a restraining order and am set to go to court in a week to determine who gets to stay in our rent house. I was tested but the results will not be in for 3 weeks. My question is what legal grounds might I have to press charges on or sue him for telling me I was infected with a deadly disease when he knew it was not true. I am not the only person he told but he failed to mention it to his child's mother and his own mother. He did tell my mother. Where do I stand on this matter?

Q: My question is what legal grounds might I have to press charges on or sue him for telling me I was infected with a deadly disease when he knew it was not true.

A: Since you do indicate that you suffered money damages from this lie, then you have no case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back