Ex-husbands new wife...rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky3669

Does anyone know what rights the new wife has? I had a problem over the weekend with her and I'm still fuming! It was the ex-husbands weekend and they all went to the lake. I went up there to my sisters, who has a place too on the lake, thinking it was no big deal. My ex and his wife hunted me down to tell me my daughter was really sick. When I asked to see her, the wife said no and told me to leave. My ex reassured me that my daughter was sleeping and to come by in the morning and if my daughter wanted to come home, she could. When I got there the next morning, my daughter told me that the wife told her she cannot leave because it was daddy'd time. I asked what was going on and got no response out of the ex. So I had to leave my daughter standing in the yard crying as I left. That hurt alot. In my divorce, I have permanent physical custody and his visitation is reasonable. Does that mean he don't have to take her as long as he gets time with her at least everyother weekend? My ex is her 4th husband and in her last divorce, March 2007, she was found guilty of extreame and repeated mental cruelty. She has had a breakdown a couple of years ago and is a control freak. The ex married her on the 14th of this month. She keeps telling me not to talk to him or send him any emails. Is there anything I can do legally about this. I feel she is a mind threat to my daughter. Anyone?

She has no rights over your daughter. Deal only directly with your husband concerning your daughter, not through the new wife. If your Ex husband said you could take her home then you could have done so. Where did you get the information about the wife from? Don't listen to gossip or repeat it. Be very careful not to talk badly about her to your daughter because your daughter will have to live with her when she visits her father and may repeat things you say to him or even her. Show her respect, tell your daughter to show her respect; but deal directly with your husband. If problems escalate and there really is mental abuse by the wife you may be able to go to court and do something about it, but for now it doesn't appear so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back