Ex-husband wants to sign over parental rights. What actions etc. needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newhubby

Good day all. This is the situation, living in Az:
My new wife has a child that is 1 week old. The Bio Father/Ex Husband does not want any rights to the child for the obviouse reasons. IE: Paying child support, "Not ready to be a dad", etc. I am 100% willing to support this child on all levels.
Does anyone know where we can get the paperwork/information to start this process?
We were told a simple letter signed by him would do the trick, but i do not trust that advice because there is a child envolved.
No father info. Given on the BC.
Thanks..... :confused:

I think?

I'm not sure about there, but I believe you need to get a lawyer and adopt the baby. Then he will be given the chance to give up his rights, the baby will legally be yours,and will have your last name. You are right about the signed paper, that is not legal. This cannot be done without a lawyer.

Thank you

momx1.5 said:
I'm not sure about there, but I believe you need to get a lawyer and adopt the baby. Then he will be given the chance to give up his rights, the baby will legally be yours,and will have your last name. You are right about the signed paper, that is not legal. This cannot be done without a lawyer.

Thank you for the info. I will contact a family lawyer.
II :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back