Ex-husband doesn't want to pay support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttru7h

I was divorced from my ex over 8 years ago, in that time I have barely received a small fraction of the required amount of support for my two children. He has made one attempt in that time to see or talk to the kids and now that the state has put a warrant out for his arrest for lack of support he is threatening me that because his wife is dying that he can not pay and if I do not agree to have my new husband adopted the children he will have me arrest for contempt of court for not letting him see his kids. Can he do this? How do I fight a "he says, she says" when it comes to him not trying to have a relationship with them? Any advice will help, thank you.

He may be asked to prove that you kept the children from his visitation. He can do that by calling the police when you refuse visitation. If he hasn't done that, then it may be difficult for him. Clearly, if he has a warrant out for his arrest, then you would have called the police to have him arrested if he came to exercise his visitation.

Also, you would not be arrested for failing to honor his visitation.

Stop listening to his threats. He cannot force you to allow your husband to adopt. you are though required to abide by the visitation schedule even if he is not paying his support. Continue contacting child support enforcement so that his eventually will pay support but unfortunately nobody can force him too. If you cannot do a wage garnishment and he has no assets or bank accounts it will be hard to get any $$ out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back