"ex" helped himself to my bank account

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikon

about 2weeks ago i moved out and we now live in different residences but have not filed for separation. i found out about 2 days ago that *someone* has been helping himself to my chequing out to almost $3.5k canadian. the bank is still putting a trace on the transcations and i have no hard evidence yet but my bank will get back to me in a couple of days. however looking at the details i currently have on the transactions, it points to good ol hubby. the huge cash withdrawals began around the time we decided to separate (that is live seprately).

i've been supporting him for the last 2.5 years as he has only been sporadically employed since we were married. $3.5k is alot for me. i am very angry. would someone be able to tell me whether this is considered as theft even though we're married? it is NOT a joint account.

Last edited:
Originally posted by aikon:
about 2weeks ago i moved out and we now live in different residences but have not filed for separation. i found out about 2 days ago that *someone* has been helping himself to my chequing out to almost $3.5k canadian. the bank is still putting a trace on the transcations and i have no hard evidence yet but my bank will get back to me in a couple of days. however looking at the details i currently have on the transactions, it points to good ol hubby. the huge cash withdrawals began around the time we decided to separate (that is live seprately).

i've been supporting him for the last 2.5 years as he has only been sporadically employed since we were married. $3.5k is alot for me. i am very angry. would someone be able to tell me whether this is considered as theft even though we're married? it is NOT a joint account.
My understanding is that if the account is only in your name and there are no other signators, then nobody but you has a right to withdraw money from the account, regarless of your marital status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back