Ex fiance owes me money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnl81

Hi there,

I am having problems getting my ex fiance to pay me money he owes me.
Several months ago, he bought a building, and some of the improvements we made to his building were charged to my credit cards. The total amount was $1850.
When we broke up, he had sent me an email stating that he understood that he would have to pay me back for the money I put into the building, but refused to pay me for any of the labor I put into it (100s of hours). I informed him of the total that came out of my pocket, and several days later he wrote me a check for $500 of the $1850. On the check, as a memo, he wrote "$500 of $1850 has been paid" and on the stub attached, the same thing was written with a further memo that the money was for "flooring and other fixtures."
Since then, things have gone really sour between us, and I think he has decided not to pay me the remaining amount of money. I have emailed him asking about the money, and he has not responded.
I am wondering if this will stand up in court and I will have a good chance of getting my money back. I am also wondering if I will be able to get a copy of the check from the bank to use as evidence that he agreed to pay.
I have a copy of the original email he sent me agreeing to pay. I also have all the reciepts, and the payment stub from the check.

What do you think?

and thanks much for any advice you can offer.

Excellent chance of recovering the money if you provide proof you lent the money!
Copies of Cancelled checks, Money orders, electronic transfers etc... These cases are not difficult... 1). provide proof of Loan transactions 2). Prove the money was spent by the other person. 3). Prove you were not payed back the money in question....End Of case..
The courts don't want to hear anything else! Because anything else is hearsay and Judges don't care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back