Ex Boyfriends Mom demanding payment after 4 years

smaui777

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I was living with a verbally abusive Narcissistic man for 7 yrs always thinking things would get better. During that time, I had owned a home that he wanted me to sell and upon that time a few things needed to be taken care of before the sale. I did not have the money, but, was going to check with the bank and he said "don't worry about it, I'll take care of it". So, his Mother was the one that he got the money from and the bills were paid.
He is verbally abusive, a drunk and I don't trust him. His daughter and Ex Wife fear him. He has had 4 DUI's and continues to drink and drive daily as well.
A few months ago, he kicked me out, and now his Mother is demanding that money from me that was from 4 years ago. She knew it was he that asked her to pay, and she did willingly. There were no papers ever drawn up, nor signatures given.
She sent me a certified letter with many typos and very demanding words that I needed to draw up paper work with a plan in writing within 5 days to get back to her with.
My question is what are my legal rights and what am I to do in this matter?
I thank you very much in advance for any assistance you could help me with or guide me in the right direction.

My question is what are my legal rights and what am I to do in this matter?

Forget your legal rights, use your common sense.

Never, ever, for the rest of your natural life accept any certified or registered letter that you didn't authorize to be sent to you, and you know what the contents of said letter intends to do for (or to) you.

Okay, you accepted this letter.
If you have a kitty, shred the letter and use it for the kitty's litter box.

What, no kitty?
No problem.
Use the letter to line your canary's cage.

My point, ignore the ridiculous letter.
You are under no obligation to respond to questions from anyone, even the police or the FBI.
In the case of law enforcement, you must tell them that you wish to remain silent, then do do.
Insofar as idiots that write letters demanding you do this, you pay that, etc.., IGNORE them and their idiotic demands.

You describe nothing which would lead me to believe that you owe the mammy of the creep one thin dime.

Even if you do, you need not respond to any of her letters or demands.

You must, however, respond to matters involving the legal process, as in lawsuits.
What you describe is junk mail, as in spam.
IGNORE her, and anything she sends, don't ever accept any mail from her again.

Back