Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Evidence

Nikki78

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
An investigator has accused me of stealing meds off of med cart in a nursing home there was a video camera in the med room why hasn't he reviewed the tape and arrested me

Who knows what the next steps will be? Do you work there or were you just visiting? Is the investigator a policeman or just an investigator for the company? He may or may not have video evidence. Some businesses don't want theft to get out into the media so they may want to settle it quicker and quieter than an arrest.... I'd suggest speaking to a local lawyer before you speak to the investigator or the police.

I work there but I recently got fired for other reasons the video camera with right there was up there on the wall and when he interrogated Bean he said that he was going to watch the video he just hadn't got around to it

An investigator has accused me of stealing meds off of med cart in a nursing home there was a video camera in the med room why hasn't he reviewed the tape and arrested me

You might have many worries.

Did you speak to the investigator?

Watch these videos to learn why you should NEVER speak to the police.
HINT: The police are trained to lie to you, deceive you, scare you, bully you. all with te singular purpose of CONVICTING as many people as possible.

What USUALLY happens is someone is arrested.

Will that be you?

You certainly made that possibility more attainable by talking to the police!!!

I guess I just don't understand why he hasn't watched video yet and got this done and over with why is he drawing it out so long

If there is evidence of a crime being committed say on a video tape do the does the investigator get back to the prosecutor first or is an arrest made before it goes to the prosecutor

I guess I just don't understand why he hasn't watched video yet and got this done and over with why is he drawing it out so long

You need not worry about what others do.

You need to focus on what you do.

If arrested, you plead not guilty, don't discuss the case, and immediately ask for a lawyer!

Then you shut up, and say nothing, except your name, address, date of birth, age, gender, etc...

Don't comment on the case, and request a lawyer.

why hasn't he reviewed the tape and arrested me

How should we know why some person who is unknown to us didn't do something? Why don't you ask him?

when he interrogated Bean he said that he was going to watch the video

Who is "Bean"?

If there is evidence of a crime being committed say on a video tape do the does the investigator get back to the prosecutor first or is an arrest made before it goes to the prosecutor

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Note that you did not answer the question in the first response in the thread about whether the investigator is a cop or another employee of your former employer.

Back