eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisaw

hi i need some advice ,i have been living with my boyfriend for 5 years now ,we both have a bank acount together and i have major health problems can he evivt me what are the laws on this

Are you renting from him?

No, he just cannot throw you out. In almost all cases you have established tenancy there and he has to go through legal means to evict you.

In most cases he is probably stuck giving you 30 days notice so if this relationship is over I recommend you start looking for another place to stay. If he goes to court and is able to start eviction proceedings then you are pretty much out of luck.

No, he just cannot throw you out. In almost all cases you have established tenancy there and he has to go through legal means to evict you.

In most cases he is probably stuck giving you 30 days notice so if this relationship is over I recommend you start looking for another place to stay. If he goes to court and is able to start eviction proceedings then you are pretty much out of luck.

Please satisfy my curiosity. Where did you find a landlord/tenant relationship in the following:

hi i need some advice ,i have been living with my boyfriend for 5 years now ,we both have a bank acount together and i have major health problems can he evivt me what are the laws on this

Thank you.

The fact they have a relationship, or had one and she does have rights to live there, and in most cases standard landlord/tenant laws apply unless family court intervenes.

You have a right when you establish residency in a dwelling, it really does not matter what relationship they have. She does not have to rent the place, or pay rent for that matter. Legally she has the right to be there, and he cannot just throw her out without an official eviction notice.

There are legal ways to remove someone from a dwelling. In most cases you just cannot change the locks or kick her out. She can always call the police and if she lives there and he has not gone through the legal process to remove her, she has rights to live there.

With that said, it does no good prolonging the inevitable. She needs to start looking for another place to live if the relationship has deteriorated.

The fact they have a relationship, or had one and she does have rights to live there, and in most cases standard landlord/tenant laws apply unless family court intervenes.

You have a right when you establish residency in a dwelling, it really does not matter what relationship they have. She does not have to rent the place, or pay rent for that matter. Legally she has the right to be there, and he cannot just throw her out without an official eviction notice.

There are legal ways to remove someone from a dwelling. In most cases you just cannot change the locks or kick her out. She can always call the police and if she lives there and he has not gone through the legal process to remove her, she has rights to live there.

With that said, it does no good prolonging the inevitable. She needs to start looking for another place to live if the relationship has deteriorated.

Who owns the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back