Eviction Notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessier

My husband and I have rented for about 6 months now. We have paid every single month (with bank statements to prove it). The exception is back in July. I tried submitting a payment on July 1st online, and I didn't realize you needed to press "submit" twice, so the payment went in late. We received a note on that month that we needed to pay rent. I freaked out, called the front office, and I asked the manager of the apartment complex whether or not there were any extra charges that needed to be added because the payment went through late. She said that there wasn't any extra charges or anything that needed to be added. Great. Nothing else was ever heard of since then.

Well, here it is in November and we get an EVICTION NOTICE. What? Attached was a letter that someone had sworn to send (like the one we got back in July, but this was dated for October), and she said she sent it via First Class Mail. We have NEVER received anything like this at all! It says we need to show up in court on the 14th of November, and that the management wants us evicted. It says we have rent paid through 09/30/07, but not October, and that we owe $535. Well, our bank account, and the website we submit our payment through shows that we have already paid this. This note was written two days after the payment was submitted (according to the dates on the paper).

I don't understand how we can be getting evicted from somewhere where we have paid every single month. Can someone please help us! We don't want to get evicted from somewhere we NEVER should be evicted for. And about the letters? We NEVER received any!!! I know what those letters looked like, so it's not like I could've over looked anything. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back